PRIVATE OUTINGS AND DAY TOURS
For advanced mtb riders
This day tour is designed for those looking for a challenging day, with more technical trail and singletrack riding of different types. The ride will be programmed based on your interests and skills. Our Merida TFS700 mountain bikes are ideal for challenging riding. This program also begins at El Retorno Lodge (see above), after having picked you up at your hotel in the morning. We´ll ride out of El Retorno pedaling up a dirt road (a great warm-up), towards Cerro Catedral, which offers us plenty of great trails. We can use the ski lifts, or ride up along the green ski runs (which are without snow in the summer). There are many options here, and we can spend all day at the mountain, or we can push along to trails around Lake Moreno, eventually returning to Lake Gutierrez down an awesome singletrack trail. Our guides will show you the best spots throughout the day, always according to your interests, experiencing the incredible landscapes and scenery below the Andes.
* the program does not include lift tickets at Catedral – clients who wish to use the lifts will pay for tickets separately, including the guide´s ticket
You will be picked up at your hotel after 9:30am, and dropped off at your hotel at approx. 6:30pm. This custom day outing is available any day of the week.
4-6 hrs of total cycling, approximately (spread throughout the day
Medium-high – the trails will be chosen by our guide, depending on your riding skills and interests.
us$ 120 per person
- Shuttle from and back to your hotel
- Support vehicle available on-call for emergencies, equipped with radio communication,
first aid kit, spare parts and tool box
- Bilingual Guide
- Mountain bike riding instruction
- High quality 24-speed mountain bikes, with front shocks (GT, Schwinn and Merida bikes)
- Helmet, water bottle, riding gloves and sunglasses, as well as tool repair kit
- Daypacks (available if you need one)
- Snack in the morning and Picnic Lunch at mid-day
- Afernoon refreshments, tea or beer
WHAT TO BRING
For our mountain bike day tours
- Biking shorts or other comfortable riding shorts (optional – long cycling pants or comfortable pants, depending on the weather)
- Extra short-sleeve tee and windproof/waterproof jacket (which you can carry in your backpack while cycling)
- Optional – long-sleeve t-shirt
- Suncap (which you can carry in your backpack when riding)
- If you need it, we can provide daypack and eyeshades
We were treated with perfect professionalism, everything was delivered exactly as promised.
“What an incredible itinerary, one day better than the next, beautiful places and delicious food. Congratulations on the organization and logistics to the entire Dirty Bikes team. Best of all was the privilege of meeting Silvina and Pablo, our Tour Leaders – they were both sensational, always attentive, and very patient in teaching us how to ride our mountain bikes. They were sensible to our personal needs and did everything possible to make each one of us happy. All of this with constant merry, energy, humor and warmness. More than customers, we feel like we´ve become great friends, and words cannot express our gratitude”
Many thanks to Javier and Pablo, our excellent tour leader and ride guide.
“Our ride through such beautiful forests and lakes was enhanced with our guides’ friendly, polite and relaxed manner. All accommodations were first class and the camp at Lake Falkner provided a personal and memorable barbecue in a quiet location. All lunches were gourmet affairs. Javier provided intelligent, fair and detailed knowledge of the surrounding nature, environment and the people of Argentina. Very enjoyable and memorable for me. Thanks to all at Dirty Bikes.”
Damiano (Tour Leader) was wonderful!
“The biking was great and it was superb to have the van support as our children learned to mountain bike. Damiano was spectacular with the children, they were very comfortable with him. The trip was well organized and supplied. The kayaking was lovely. All around, a great 3 days in Patagonia. Thank you so much”
I loved the trails and circuits
“And especially the last 3.5 km uphill, excellent! And everything else was brilliant! Pepe was great, as was Nicholas the chef. Kisses!”
I want to congratulate Anibal and his team for the excellent organization of our adventure
“The human touch and magnificent disposition in everything, and in every moment”
Thank you for the great bike trip.
“Although I found it quite difficult at times and found it a challenge , I absolutely loved it! Thanks so much for helping me to overcome my fear of biking downhill!!
The scenery was amazing and it was so good to see it all in the open air and not by car or bus! A great trip, well worth it”
Michelle Wallace (England)