PEDALING THE ANDES FROM ARGENTNA TO CHILE
A wonderful introduction to the great Lakes Region of Patagonia
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to cross the Andes on two wheels, riding over wonderful paved roads, while crossing the magical scenery of the Lakes Region of Argentina and Chile.
This unique 8-day tour is jointly operated with Experience Plus, a world leader in cycling and hiking tours. We have been working with Experience Plus for years, and this has become our trademark tour in Patagonia. Every detail has been thought through, so that you can not just live a great vacation, but maybe the journey of a lifetime.
The highlights (why choose this tour):
- Experience the magical landscapes of the Patagonian Steppe and the enchanting Andean forests, while riding around the fabulous Lake Nahuel Huapi between the renowned city of Bariloche and the charming Villa la Angostura, in the heart of the Andean Patagonia.
- Cross the Andes on two wheels! The Cardenal Samore Pass offers a great paved road through the heart of the lower Andes Range, on a day in which we actually lose elevation when we ride down into the green valleys of the Chilean Lakes District.
- Relax at the Puyehue Hotel and Thermal Baths – set deep in the Chilean Valdivian Rainforest, Puyehue´s baths, cozy ambience and great food is a true trip highlight.
- Cycle around the inmense Lake Llanquihue, with the incredible volcanoes always following us in the distance, while riding over rolling countryside roads. The evidence of the original German settlers of the Lakes Region is still present throughout, in the architecture, farms, cuisine and culture.
- From the famous city of Puerto Varas, adventure capital of the region, you will live a wonderful rafting journey under the shadows of the perfectly conical Osorno Volcano, as well as a beautiful ride into Petrohue, a one-of-a-kind lodge set on the radiant Lake Todos los Santos, on the very edge of the Andes – a magical closing to a magical tour.
8 days, 7 nights
Check the price
Please ask us about prices for private groups.
Spaces are reserved in order of arrival. To reserve your place, please complete the contact form; if you'd like to speak with us, please send the contact form, and we will gladly telephone you.
Read what past guests say about their
Pedaling the Andes experience...
Billy and I had a great time
“I really appreciated all of your help on getting up those hills! We enjoyed the whole group and the accomodations. The scenery was just breathtaking. We´ll be back!”
Thanks for a great trip
“The scenery was splendid, even though the weather was challenging. One of my favorite parts was the river rafting – just spectacular. Javier, Anibal and Damiano (Tour Leaders) were so personable and professional, and lots of fun. I would definitely recommend Dirty Bikes.”
What a fabulous trip
“The three amigos (tour leaders) are a perfect complement to each other and eventually ganged up with everyone else to constantly pick on me. As the solo traveller, I could not ask for a better group of people, or a better route (breathtaking views). This trip has been one of the most challenging yet soul satisfying journeys in memory. Kudos to Experience Plus for putting this all together.”
You guys were great!
“This is a trip I was dreaming of and you made it come true. Thank you so much. I love Argentina and Chile and I hope I can come back again on another bike trip. You took such good care of me and I really appreciate all your concern! Hasta luego, until we meet again!”