NORTH PATAGONIA ROAD CYCLING TOUR
A grand cycling tour of the Chilean and Argentine Northern Patagonia
Discover the magic of cycling through North Patagonia on this 13-day road tour, beginning in the island of Chiloe, across the Chilean Lakes District, over the Andes near the famous Seven Lakes Route and down the great Argentine Lakes Region to Esquel.
This tour is jointly operated by Dirty Bikes with Global Adventure Guide, a pioneer in international active travel.
The highlights (why choose this tour):
- The magical island of Chiloe: on the Pacific Ocean, Chiloe has a unique culture and great sights – the ocean and countryside, quaint towns with a unique architecture, as well as excellent roads with varied terrain, including long flats, rolling hills and steep climbs.
- The Chilean Lakes District: Lake Llanquihue, the Volcanoes, Frutillar and the German towns, pretty farms and lots of green, rolling countryside; the night at the Puyehue Thermal Baths and Hotel is a highlight in itself – the hotel and its surroundings are a landmark in the Chilean Lakes region.
- The Crossing of the Andes over the Cardenal Samore Pass: a challenging ride with incredible scenery, crossing the lush Valdivian Rainforest in Chile and the high Andean forests of Argentina.
- The Seven Lakes Route and San Martin de los Andes: this famous road crosses the heart of the Nahuel Huapi and Lanin National Parks in Argentina; San Martin is a chic, exclusive mountain town that could not be left out.
- The transition from the Patagonian Steppe to the Andes: the ride from San Martin to Confluencia will take us through an incredible transition in ecosystems and scenery, cycling through the magnificent Steppe, including the “Enchanted Valley”, where the Patagonian desert begins.
- A catamaran trip around the beautiful Arrayanes Peninsula, and across the inmense Nahuel Huapi Lake, set right under the Andes Range.
- Incredible cycling on the edge of the Andes, between Bariloche and El Bolson, through the “Andean Shire”: beautiful nature, and the pretty hippy town of El Bolson.
- Esquel: a remote town with a real frontier feel, set deep in the Argentine Patagonia; also a great place to end our tour, offering many awesome options for further travel – Los Alerces National Park lies just outside town, maybe the most striking national park in Patagonia; Trevelin, a town founded by Welsh inmigrants, is approx 30 kms away, as well as the incredible region of Futaleufu, in Chile.
13 days, 12 nights
to be announced
Trip begins in: Puerto Montt, Chile
Trip ends in: Esquel, Argentina
Flight-in city: Puerto Montt, Chile (via Santiago, Chile)
Flight-out city: Esquel or Bariloche, Argentina (via Buenos Aires, Argentina)*
* airfare not included in tour cost
Please ask us about prices for private groups.
Spaces are reserved in order of arrival. To reserve your place, please complete the contact form; if you'd like to speak with us, please send the contact form, and we will gladly telephone you.
We were treated with perfect professionalism, everything was delivered exactly as promised.
“What an incredible itinerary, one day better than the next, beautiful places and delicious food. Congratulations on the organization and logistics to the entire Dirty Bikes team. Best of all was the privilege of meeting Silvina and Pablo, our Tour Leaders – they were both sensational, always attentive, and very patient in teaching us how to ride our mountain bikes. They were sensible to our personal needs and did everything possible to make each one of us happy. All of this with constant merry, energy, humor and warmness. More than customers, we feel like we´ve become great friends, and words cannot express our gratitude”
Many thanks to Javier and Pablo, our excellent tour leader and ride guide.
“Our ride through such beautiful forests and lakes was enhanced with our guides’ friendly, polite and relaxed manner. All accommodations were first class and the camp at Lake Falkner provided a personal and memorable barbecue in a quiet location. All lunches were gourmet affairs. Javier provided intelligent, fair and detailed knowledge of the surrounding nature, environment and the people of Argentina. Very enjoyable and memorable for me. Thanks to all at Dirty Bikes.”
Damiano (Tour Leader) was wonderful!
“The biking was great and it was superb to have the van support as our children learned to mountain bike. Damiano was spectacular with the children, they were very comfortable with him. The trip was well organized and supplied. The kayaking was lovely. All around, a great 3 days in Patagonia. Thank you so much”
I loved the trails and circuits
“And especially the last 3.5 km uphill, excellent! And everything else was brilliant! Pepe was great, as was Nicholas the chef. Kisses!”
I want to congratulate Anibal and his team for the excellent organization of our adventure
“The human touch and magnificent disposition in everything, and in every moment”
Thank you for the great bike trip.
“Although I found it quite difficult at times and found it a challenge , I absolutely loved it! Thanks so much for helping me to overcome my fear of biking downhill!!
The scenery was amazing and it was so good to see it all in the open air and not by car or bus! A great trip, well worth it”
Michelle Wallace (England)